Tuesday 9 November 2010

Vark Assessment

Results:

Visual: 2
Audio: 6
Reading: 3
Kinaesthetic: 4

I do not agree with the results from my vark assessment as I have the most points in audio and the least in visual.  I have always said, and it has been my experience in life, that I find learning extremely difficult when somebody is explaining something to me.  Learning, for me, is best done kinaesthetically which is the area in which I would have expected to achieve the highest score; I like to be practical and hands-on in my learning with the backing of a little background reading, I do not consider audio to be of much benefit at all and would rate kinaesthetic, visual and reading above audio, in that order.

The vark assessment is perhaps not a very accurate method of reducing ones learning syle into a point scale system as it consists of only 13 multiple choice questions, this is insufficient to gain a full perspective of ones learning style.

In my learning line, a correlation can be seen between my positive outlook and areas where I am in a physical learning environment, for example, challenging new subjects at secondary school and the first stages of my engineering career can be seen in the positive area of my learning line.  Areas where I am unhappy in life are where I am in sixth form, with lectures given and very little practical learning.

In summary, I disagree with the vark assessment; however; I know in myself that I am not happy in life when not learning new things and I prefer to learn in a physical, hands on way.  As mentioned above I consider audio aids when learning to be of little importance and difficult to take in.

No comments:

Post a Comment